The Cloquet Area Fire District (CAFD) sits 20 miles from the tip of Lake Superior, and is Minnesota’s first independent fire and EMS Special Service District. The CAFD responds to 3,000 incidents a year and provides fire, rescue and ALS transport services to over 20,000 people located over 275 square miles, from five stations with a combination work force of 65 employees.
The CAFD is seeking to fill two full-time Firefighter/Paramedic positions.
• Must be 18 years of age
• Valid Minnesota Class D driver’s license (Valid Class B at earliest opportunity provided by the District) with a satisfactory driving record
• Must have successfully completed a CPAT within the last 12 months
• Must possess a nationally registered Paramedic certification
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with others
• Knowledge of the Incident Command System and its disciplines
• Ability to remain clear-headed and diplomatic in stressful situations
• 30 mile residency requirement within 240 days of hire
• Experience in a Fire/EMS system
• Associates or Bachelors Degree in Fire Protection, Emergency Medical Care or a related field
The Firefighter/Paramedic position is a non-exempt working 24 hour shifts on a rotating three-week schedule. Starting salary is $49,127.71. Please refer to the job description for duties and responsibilities.
To apply, submit an application, resume, cover letter, and copies of any required certifications to Molly Cooper by 3:00 PM on Friday September 27, 2019. Applications can be delivered or mailed to the Cloquet Area Fire District, 508 Cloquet Avenue, Cloquet, MN 55720, faxed to (218) 499-4289, or submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Application and job information can be downloaded at: